Please contact BACFI's administrator to list your organisation's activity or event that may be of mutual interest to our members. Provide complete details in the request, along with links to registration materials, contacts and further information.
Women's Forum at Lincoln's Inn
Lincoln’s Inn runs a Women’s Forum at least once a year to both celebrate and support the achievements of women at the Bar. This year, in honour of the 100 year anniversary of the Sex Disqualification (Removal) act, we will be hosting four evening events. An eminent panel comprised of biological anthropologist Professor Tracey Kivell, senior law lecturer Dr Caroline Morris, comedy commissioning editor for BBC radio 4 Sioned Wiliam, and NHS doctor Dr Fahima Begum will discuss their experiences working in 'a man's world', and what it means to be a professional woman in 2019.
Location: Lincoln's Inn, Old Hall
Time: 6pm (followed by a drinks reception from 7pm to 8.30pm)
To register to attend please visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/different-profession-same-story-women-in-science-academia-and-the-arts-tickets-56579055478.
INVITATION - In-House Community Legal and Business Conference
You are personally invited to attend “Bringing It All Back Home – Asia and the City of London”, an In-House Community™ event in association with the Law Society of England & Wales, the Institute of Directors and the American Bar Association, which will take place at The Law Society on 3 June 2019.
Location: The Law Society of England & Wales, 113 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1PL
Time: 9.30am - 10.00am registration
Key Note Speaker: Christina Blacklaws, President of the Law Society of England and Wales
Other confirmed speakers include:
• Brinton M Scott, Managing Partner – Shanghai, Winston & Strawn LLP Shanghai Representative Office (US)
• Charles Qin, Partner, Llinks Law Offices
• Christina Blacklaws, President of the Law Society of England and Wales
• Dr Justine Walker, Director of Sanctions Policy, UK Finance
• Evangelos Apostolou, In-House Practice Group and Advisory Services, EMEA and APAC, Major Lindsey & Africa
• Gautam Bhattacharyya, Partner and India Business Team Head, Reed Smith
• John N.M. McLean OBE, Vice-Chair for the Institute of Directors (IoD) for the City of London and Board Member for the China Britain Business Council (CBBC)
• Kate Vernon, Partner, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
• Mei Sim Lai OBE DL, Chair of The British Malaysian Society and Hon Secretary and Chairman of China Interest Group Institute of Directors (IoD)
• Michael J. Taylor, Director, Cold Water Economics
• Patrick Zheng, Partner, Llinks Law Offices
• Robert L. Brown, Chair, American Bar Association – International Section
• Sam G. Williamson, Partner, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
• Stefan M. Gannon, Commissioner, Resolution Office, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
• Stephen C. Mavroghenis, Partner, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
• Stephen Denyer, Director of Strategic Relationships at the Law Society of England & Wales
• Xiao Liu, Partner, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
FREE to attend.
To register online: https://www.inhousecommunity.com/events/london-asia2019/. Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
JUSTICE will hold a unique fundraising event on 7th June 2019 to celebrate 100 years of women in the law in the UK.
The conference will see a panel of eleven incredible women join Lady Hale in sharing their stories of lives in the law – speaking frankly about what has worked and what hasn’t, the drivers, the challenges, the triumphs, all culminating in a personal message to those attending. Please find attached our brochure where you can view the programme and read more about the event and our speakers.
Location: Allen & Overy LLP, One Bishops Square, London E1 6AD
Time: 8.15am - 9.0am registration (followed by a drinks reception from 5.15pm to 6.30pm)
Our inspirational speakers are:
Tickets are now available for purchase here.
Every penny from ticket sales will directly support the work of JUSTICE.
Annual Bar and Young Bar Conference 2019
Join this year's conference chair Rachel Langdale QC, Chair of the Bar Richard Atkins QC and Chair of the Young Barristers' Committee, Athena Markides at the 2019 Annual Bar Conference and Young Bar Conference. Bringing the profession together to learn from each other's experience, gain practical insight into key issues at the modern Bar, and celebrate our achievements. This year hear from expert speakers throughout the day in a streamlined programme examining the changing work and role of barristers across the whole profession in today's legal system and society.
Location: Grand Connaught Rooms, London
Time: 9.15am - 10.30am registration (followed by a drinks reception from 5.40pm to 7pm
Book your place HERE.